- Georgia residents may apply for a marriage license in any county in Georgia.
- If neither applicant is a resident of Georgia, the marriage license must be obtained in the county where the marriage ceremony is going to be performed.
- For marriage licenses issued in the State of Georgia, the marriage ceremony must be performed in Georgia.
- Premarital blood tests are no longer required in the State of Georgia.
- Cash Fee: Fee for the license without premarital counseling is $76. With the premarital counseling and required certificate the fee is $36. These fees are cash only.
- Final Divorce Decree or Death Certificate: If previously married and marriage was dissolved by divorce or death, then must provide a copy of the divorce decree or death certificate.
- Identification: Must submit ID containing correct name and correct date of birth.
- Applicants under 18 Years of Age: You must be at least 17 years of age to obtain a marriage license in Georgia and the older party to the marriage contract shall not be more than four (4) years older than the younger party to the marriage contract. Such applicant must also provide documentary proof that the applicant has been emancipated for not less than 15 days AND each party to the marriage contract must present a certificate of completion of specialized premarital education as provided under O.C.G.A. 19-3-30.1.
If you have any further questions, please call the Liberty County Probate Court at 912-876-3635.
Submit an Application
It is no longer necessary to make an appointment to obtain a marriage license.
As a convenience to the customer, you may complete the Application for Marriage License Form (PDF) and submit the completed form or print it out and bring it with you when you come in to apply.
- Both applicants must be present to apply for the license.
- You must bring all required supporting documents and payment to the appointment.
- You can not take the license to another state to get married.
- Liberty County Probate Court does not offer or conduct wedding ceremonies.