- Georgia residents may apply for a marriage license in any county in Georgia.
- If neither applicant is a resident of Georgia, the marriage license must be obtained in the county where the marriage ceremony is going to be performed.
- For marriage licenses issued in the State of Georgia, the marriage ceremony must be performed in Georgia.
- Premarital blood tests are no longer required in the State of Georgia.
- Cash Fee: Fee for the license without premarital counseling is $76. With the premarital counseling and required certificate the fee is $36. Cash only.
- Final Divorce Decree or Death Certificate: If previously married and marriage was dissolved by divorce or death, then must provide a copy of the divorce decree or death certificate.
- Identification: Must submit ID containing correct name and correct date of birth.
- Parental Consent: Underage applicants (age 17) must have written consent of both parents.
If you have any further questions, please call the Liberty County Probate Court at 912-876-3635.
Submit an Application
Applications are taken by appointment only until further notice.
Please contact the Liberty County Probate Court at 912-876-3635 between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm to schedule an appointment.
Please complete the Application for Marriage License Form (PDF) and submit the completed form prior to your appointment time, or your appointment may be re-scheduled.
- Both applicants must be present to apply for the license.
- You must bring all required supporting documents and payment to the appointment.
- You can not take the license to another state to get married.
- Liberty county probate court does not offer or conduct wedding ceremonies.