Land Disturbing Permit
Land Disturbance Activity
Land disturbance is dredging, clearing, grading, excavating, transporting or filling. See the list below for what land disturbing activity does not include. Land disturbance activities require best management practices to prevent sediment from leaving one’s property and entering streams. Liberty County and the Georgia Environmental Protection Division have regulations regarding land disturbance activities. Sediment is the number one pollutant to Storm water because sediment carries many pollutants that attach to the soil particles.
An erosion, sedimentation and pollution control plan (commonly known as a soil erosion plan) and permit are required for all land disturbance activities greater than 1 acre, land disturbance located inside a common development (subdivision developed after 2000) or land disturbance less than 1 acre within 200 ft of a year round stream.
Land Disturbing Activity does NOT include:
1. Surface mining
2. Granite quarrying
3. Minor land-disturbing activities ie. Home gardens and landscaping
4. Construction of single-family residence not part of a larger project; provided the activity meets State minimum requirements.
5. Agricultural and forestry practices
6. Any project under the technical supervision of the Natural Resources Conservation Service
7. Projects involving 1.0 acres or less (if not within 200 feet of perennial stream)
8. Construction or maintenance by the Department of Transportation, Georgia Highway Authority, Georgia Tollway Authority; road construction or maintenance project undertaken by counties or municipalities; provided the activity meets State minimum requirements.
9. Projects undertaken by EMCs or municipal electrical systems, or any public utility under the Public Service Commission, provided the activity meets State minimum requirements.
Land Disturbing Forms and Links
- LDA Permit package Industrial, Commercial and Assembly.pdf
- LDA Permit Packet Residential Subdivision.pdf
- Liberty County Fee Calculator.xlsx
- Notice of Intent.pdf
- Coastal Soil & Water Conservation.pdf
- 2019-ESPC-Plan-Review-Checklists-final-Stand Alone.xlsx
- 2019-ESPC-Plan-Review-Checklists-final-Common Development.xlsx