ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS FOR ISLANDS HIGHWAY BOX CULVERT REPLACEMENT FOR LIBERTY COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS.
Sealed bids will be received by the Liberty County Board of Commissioners at 112 North Main Street Hinesville, Georgia 31313 until 2:00 P.M. local time on Thursday, July 20, 2023, at which time and place they will be publicly opened and read. No submitted bid may be withdrawn after the scheduled closing time for receipt of bids for a period of sixty (60) days.
The work to be done consists of The construction of a replacement box culvert under Islands Highway. The proposed box culvert will be a double 10’ x10’ structure. The work will include maintaining the flow of water during construction. Traffic control will also be required.
Bids for the complete work in one or more general contracts shall be made on the bid form provided and shall contain prices in words and figures for the work bid. All bids shall he accompanied by a Bid Bond drawn in favor of the Liberty County Board of Commissioners, in the amount of at least five percent (5%) of the lump sum bid for the complete work; such Bid Bond representing that the Bidder, if awarded the contract will promptly enter into a contract and furnish Performance Bond and Payment Bond as provided by law and approved by the Attorney for the Liberty County Board of Commissioners. Each bond shall be equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the contract amount. The Bid Bond shall be forfeited to the Liberty County Board of Commissioners as liquidated damages if the Bidder fails to execute the contract and provide Performance and Payment Bonds within ten (10) days after being notified that he has been awarded the contract.
Drawings and Specifications are open to public inspection at the office of the Liberty County Board of Commissioners and at the offices of T. R. Long Engineering, P.C.
Copies of the plans and specifications must be obtained from T. R. Long Engineering, 114 North Commerce Street, Hinesville, Georgia, 31313, upon receipt of $175.00. Such fees represent reproduction cost and are non-refundable. Bidders must purchase a Bid Packet to be a registered bidder. Only bids from registered bidders will be opened.
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held at the Liberty County Board of Commissioners at 112 N Main Street Hinesville, Georgia 31313 at 2:00 July 6, 2023.
The M/WBE goal for this project is 10% MBE and 3% WBE, for a total M/WBE participation of 13%. All M/WBE documents must be submitted in a separate sealed envelope, otherwise bid may be rejected.
The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive informalities.